Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hooked on video



I really haven't taken much video since my daughter ruined our camera back in the '90s. That's why creating a video with  my team felt like learning a foreign language. I pretty much hung back and let the expert Katie from Katy do all the camera work.  Hey, she knew what she was doing.

When she and Kristen had their hands full with Cold Stone cones, I grabbed the camera and started to film.  I pulled the tripod legs down just like a pro and got a shot of the sun (ordered by Kristen) and another of a sad cactus (my idea).  You know what?  It felt really good.  I could see how someone could get hooked on video.

Terry Sheffield
Roy High School
Roy, Utah

2 comments:

  1. Terry,
    I agree! It was cool to be able to experiment with the video camera. In the classroom, I shy away from it - not enough time and not enough confidence. However, being out on the street and shooting reminded me of two things: I need to give kids time to explore new technology and that I need to be there along with them.
    Tracy Anderson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops.
      Tracy Anderson
      Community High School
      Ann Arbor, Mich.

      Delete