Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Photo shop - lesson learned

Since I consider myself a good writer and listener, I was anxiously awaiting help with the other aspects of journalism like photo and video.  I was very appreciative to get a crash course on Photo Shop, especially since we had to produce a story with a photo.  I tried my best to absorb as much as I could in the allotted time and I felt pretty comfortable with what I learned when it was over.  As I sat down to write my story and pull up my photo, suddenly I felt like I forgot everything I learned.  I guess it was the pressure of being on the clock and racing toward a deadline.  This is so ironic because the story I'm working on for the online publication is how to get students to start with a deadline and work backward.  If I had spent too much time on the photo, I wouldn't have been able to finish the story.  I physically wrote the story before typing and relied on what little I remembered with the photo.  Once again, my new found friends who were in the room swooped in to save the day.  I was able to crop the photo, save it and put my story on the server at exactly 6:00.  Deadline met, mission accomplished, but quality questionable.


Kenya Vance
Creative Communications Academy
Calumet City, Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment