Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ready for School... Really!

http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Victorian_Internet.html?id=uFT4AgAAQBAJ

Link to the book recommended by Dan Gillmor.

Dan reiterated how we may be losing things from traditional media but we are gaining so much. I have decided that my unique situation of teaching a class with three publication staffs in one room has great potential. I'm going to merge my staffs. (Watch out!) I want my kids on all staffs to graduate my program knowing how to report, write, tweet, fb, cover sports, video, edit video and more. I have so may ideas now about how to minimize task assignments by organizing my staff by beats and teams. I hate to say it but I'm ready for school to start.
Angela Hobart
Starkville High School

1 comment:

  1. I am eager to start my journalism class as well. I will be teaching (babysitting) a summer session in the computer lab when I get back. It's just watching students recover credit through A+ Learning. My plan is to use that computer time, to set up templates for the newspaper, and get a website template up as well. Plus, I will actually be getting paid for my time.

    Jerry L. Miller
    Sparks High School
    Sparks, Nevada

    ReplyDelete