Thursday, June 19, 2014

Shooting Videos

     Out of all the sessions I have attended this week, I really enjoyed "Shooting Made Easy" because I have a little experience in shooting videos.  I was even able to answer a math question. I felt right at home.  I learned several different techniques that will help me further my skills in videography so I am better prepared to teach basic skills to my students next school year. 
     I appreciate learning the vocabulary words that go along with videography because I was just calling it anything like "get in there" and "bag up some."   The group project that my partners David Strom and Laura Medina assisted me with was awesome.  We took some fabulous shots of water and plant life, actually living.  I appreciated working with them because we had the same ideas of what we wanted to shoot and we easily put the video together, while laughing. 
     Even though the subject of this package was Beat the Heat, that is one thing that my partners and I could not avoid. I was drained but it was an excellent experience that I could not have received in my hometown of Chicago.
    I also learned some new pointers and shortcuts in Adobe Premiere.  Some of these shortcuts will help me be of assistance to my students because I will make a cheat sheet and post it near the Mac computers in our new studio.

Cherita Smith
Creative Communications Academy
Chicago, IL.
 

1 comment: