Monday, June 23, 2014

APPROACHES TO ASSESSMENTS

Alan Weintraut presents information about informing
students what is expected of them prior to the assignment
I want to say a great big thank you to Alan, Kristen and Bobby today for their information regarding assessments and some process organizing.

My first year, I took over mid-year and the staff hated me. Therefore, the assessments revealed their perfection and my failures. I did not use them this year thinking they were ineffective. Your presentations have made me rethink that decision.

I was impressed with the forms that can be created in google docs and will be playing with them to see what I can create. Thanks, Bobby.

I have toyed with the idea of creating a google docs account for the staff to share, and Kristen's suggestions pushed me off the fence (in the very best of ways). Getting the staff to learn to follow the process may be a challenge, but I have a couple of editors who will make them toe the line. (Yes, I looked it up to make sure I used the correct toe/tow. This has made me constantly second guess myself!)

Awesome information.

Jillian Singletary
Harding Fine Arts Academy
OKC, OK

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Jillian, great information in this session. I would also really benefit from learning more about Google Docs. Usually I'm resistant to taking on too many new "techy" things for my own sanity, but this year is the year for Google Docs!

    Sharon Northington
    McCracken County High School
    Paducah, Kentucky

    ReplyDelete