Thursday, June 26, 2014

Overall, FABULOUS

Last week, I felt like my brain was going to fall out because it was mostly writing sessions and I felt totally out of my comfort zone. (Cliche alert!) This week though I was operating more in my element. (Clicke #2!) Social media, design, and marketing excite me and I was energized to hear what the speakers had to say. However, I learned WAY more during the sessions that made me uncomfortable. I walked away from each session learning something though for sure - which is totally rare at a conference, especially one that covers so many topics.

I am very happy with the work we all put together this week. The videos were awesome and TOTALLY hilarious. I don't know if you noticed, but I was in tears from laughing so hard! The articles that I have read so far are insightful, well-written and fun to read.

I was a little nervous about coming and hanging out with a bunch of people I didn't know, let alone a bunch of experienced teachers who know way more about everything than I do. But, now I'm leaving feeling like I've made some really good friends who "get me" when I talk about nerdy journalism things.

I really hope we stay in touch! I call for a sushi reunion next year. Who's in?

4 comments:

  1. Puffer fish? Nope.
    Understand the writers angst.
    Mr. ReWrite ran out of ink when he edited my work.
    Thanks for being kind and patient Steve. Am pretty sure
    I wouldn't have been able to be that generous.
    I'm not sure I posted K Gilger's best quote from our small
    Seminar. When asked preparing future journalists she said: "do
    what Steve is doing: model, model, model."

    Pam Shapiro
    Pueblo Magnet HS
    Tucson, Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe another piece of paaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Terry, that's a good one! Katie, I don't have a whole bunch of teaching experience either and I was also nervous about being here. But I feel like I fit right in with people who have a common goal. If there's a paaa reunion I'm in. (I missed sushi.)

    Ginny Miller
    Tupelo High School
    Tupelo, Mississippi

    ReplyDelete