Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oodles of stuff -- and more

Photo by Arianna Grainey.
If the group photo is in and the big, honkin' folder o' materials is on the server, I guess it's close to time for this little party to come to an end. But first, let's enjoy some games of the sport referred to in political correctness as (sigh) bags.

Before I forget, here are some links and information on the materials you'll take home:

iSkysoft: I use this $20 software to download YouTube videos, something that as I understand it is allowed in classrooms under fair use. Near as I can tell it's only for Mac, but I'm sure there's something like it for PC. iMovie or another free editor will allow you to keep just the cut you want.

Keynote: The tight-writing presentation is in Keynote and is a whopper. I've no idea if it will present on PCs. You can have a lot of fun with Keynote, but it creates big, big files.

Videos: There's a quirk in the Mac version of PowerPoint that requires me to copy videos into my presentations each time I use them. It's maddening, but I don't think there's anything to do about it.

pptx: Some of the presentations will be in the Mac version of PowerPoint, so you may have to convert them.

Notes: You'll find that notes with my slides are a mess or non-existent. I just wing my presentations. So I'm afraid you'll be left to do the same. Or you'll wind up applying some structure to my madness.

Feel free to share the materials with anyone you wish. And change them any way you need. I have no pride of authorship.

Steve Elliott
Arizona State University
Phoenix




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the materials! I look forward to seeing how my students apply this information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to tell you that I especially appreciate the "Writing Tight" presentation slide show. It will, for a long time to come, to me, personally, serve as a lasting reminder as to why it is so very important to communicate thoughts and ideas through one's writing in a pithy and succinct fashion, and without utilizing too much unnecessary wordage.

    Kelly Gastman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see our photo at the top of the blog. I feel like we truly own it now.
    Somdeay, when I grow up, I want to wield my red pen the way you do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    Terry Sheffield
    Roy High School
    Roy, Utah

    ReplyDelete