Friday, June 27, 2014

Pretty Smart Women

I absolutely had to stalk Robin after meeting her on Thursday. She is who I would like to be someday. Before teaching, I ran a company doing small business marketing, graphic and web design. I still do on the side - holla @ One Pink Square. But we're on hiatus now because I mainly want to focus on teaching for now.

I'm sure you all know this, but being an entrepreneur is HAAARD work. The money is fluctuating, you're forced to work pretty much 24/7 to "make it happen," your way underpaid at first for your craft, you have to run the company and be the "doer" of the actual product or service - it ain't easy. But meeting people like Robin is super inspiring and although I'm totally not ever wanting the business to be a full time thing again (I love my job WAYY too much), it makes me not want to give up on it either.

In an effort to fulfill my video requirement, I filmed an awesome shot from below the cornhole box thingy of a beanbag sinking in... however, it's like 2 seconds long and doesn't constitute as anything if not put in context. My bad.

SO - - here is a video that was made about our company. I think I look ridiculous but it's pretty sweet!


1 comment:

  1. Katie! I didn't know you are a successful business woman! Awesome! So how do you apply your marketing background to your publication? (I'm not trolling for hints or tips or anything like that...)
    Kristen Morey
    Fremont High School
    Ogden, Utah

    ReplyDelete