Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rewriting for Mr. Rewrite

     I took the audio class for our final session because I am kind of good at mastering sounds and making beats.  I let my fellow journalism teachers know that I am rapper and you know they did not let me leave that room with out "busting a flow"  I learned so much about different styles of microphones and how to record individuals without my commentary.   This session connected my knowledge with interviewing and creating my videos session.

     Audio was the third of the pie in which the other two thirds were interviewing and editing my interview (for all you non-math teachers).  I appreciated all of this information because I usually help my students create videos for a deadline or just videos of their life in school.  Thank you for this experience!!

    I have been working on my rewrite and I can help but think that I am being punished for being a math teacher :-).  Every teacher here is so skilled and I'm over here struggling.  I had to ask mr. Rewrite not to fail me because I will just cry like a baby and drop out of school. Just kidding becuase it is really to late for that.

     The Giants vs. Diamondbacks was a wornderful experience becuase I have never been to a cold baseball game.  I felt sorry for the 3 birds who wanted to go outside but could not find their way out.  I also felt sorry for my phone when someone photo bomobed my picture.  Guess who?








    I left the wonderful Giants vs. Diamondbacks, I looked for my paper with the beautiful red ink all over it I was stunned to find nothing.  I started over from scratch.  I know my new rewrite will beautifully get painted red for my ego.

On another note, After this experience, just know.........

I love Math until I die!!!

Cherita Smith
Creative Communications Academy
Chicago, Illinois

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Cherita. Everyone here starts where they start. Some have more experience, some have less. The point is to learn by doing, and you're doing that as you enrich the room and this forum with your perspective.

    Steve Elliott
    Arizona State University
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your little pinky probably knows more math than I do. I've known many journalists who have said they took up journalism because they sucked at math: me included. And, some of my best friends are math teachers.

      Jerry L. Miller
      Sparks High School
      Sparks, Nevada

      Delete