Thursday, June 26, 2014

Robin Phillips took us through some staggering facts about social media, its use around the world, and how students are using it.  I had no idea so many people use social media.  I had a Twitter account before I came to the Cronkite Institute of Journalism, but I didn't use it.  I have used it to meet the requirements of the institute, but I now plan to incorporate her ideas into my own journalism program.

I also had never used blogger, but have posted to meet requirements.  I would like to incorporate this as well and require my students to blog once during our writing process. 

Using social media connects teachers to their students.  It also creates credibility with students who rely heavily on social media to have conversations and keep in tough with friends and family.

Robin Phillips did an excellent job informing us about why social media is important.

Kathryn Wilkins
Kearns High School
Kearns, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment