Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Shattered Glass

In my former life as an editor, I routinely would have to answer calls from irate readers. Many of the callers were sources named in stories. After taking an earful of abuse, I would alert the reporter, and share the valuable input I had just received. I know this was a movie, but I'm wondering if the editors ever took calls regarding their stories. I can't imagine a world where readers and sources would not be calling to complain about stories. If the outrageous antics that Glass wrote about never generated irate calls, I would have been suspicious. If we had a controversial story hitting the streets, I would gear up for a spate of calls. 

Jerry L. Miller
Sparks High School
Sparks, Nevada

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if he ever staged any of the phone calls....

    Dana Savage
    Innovations High School
    Salt Lake City

    ReplyDelete